Tech Data is launching an awards scheme to shine the spotlight on the contribution that women make to the advancement and success of its business in the UK and Ireland.
The idea for the Women in Tech Data Awards emerged after one of the company’s most recent Elevate events, during which colleagues from right across Tech Data meet to discuss different aspects and issues around the development and progression of female workers within the company.
David Watts, Managing Director at Tech Data, UK and Ireland said, “the whole idea of Elevate is to encourage the progression of women within Tech Data. We thought it would be wonderful to recognise the achievements of our exceptional female colleagues. We want the Women in Tech Data Awards to be a real celebration of the tremendous amount of female talent that we have in the company, all of whom will inspire the next generation of young women onto even greater heights.”
There will be six categories in the Women in Tech Data Awards, recognising the valuable contribution that women make to specific areas of the company’s activity:
- Manager of the Year - open to any people manager that is female with one or more direct reports
- Role Model of the Year – an inspirational woman within Tech Data who has influenced others
- Newcomer Award – will recognise a female colleague who joined the company within one year of nominations opening
- Woman of the Year – the female colleague who has demonstrated all the criteria and who is accomplished in her role
- Ally of the Year – this award is open to any colleague of any gender who has supported female colleagues
- Unsung Hero – open to any female colleague who often goes above and beyond with little or no recognition from the wider business
Nominations for the awards are being sought immediately from colleagues of potential candidates. Reseller and vendor partners can also put forward names of Tech Data female employees whom they think are deserving of recognition. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges from Tech Data and partner organisations and announced in either April or May.
Elevate is a Business Resource Group dedicated to empowering women to thrive in their careers at Tech Data through development, education, and networking. In the UK and Ireland, the Elevate team is also supporting the wider strategy to improve gender balance throughout the organisation. Over the past 12 months, almost 400 Tech Data colleagues have taken part in a series of Elevate events, workshops, and discussions in the UK and Ireland.