This year’s Thirty Under 30 group has been revealed by Julia Faiers, Editor of Stationery Matters, and one of this year’s judges.
Entries could nominate themselves or be nominated by a colleague and were asked to demonstrate their passion for their business and products, as well as show creativity, innovation and commitment to their role.
The judges chose 30 young people from across the breadth of the industry who they felt encapsulated the spirit of the awards, from entrepreneurs with a ground-breaking new product, to dedicated team workers and bloggers promoting stationery to an ever-expanding tribe of consumer stationery addicts.
The judges were also asked to select their stand-out candidates, stars of stationery they felt shone especially bright.
Julia Faiers, Editor of Stationery Matters said, “our first Thirty Under 30 competition last year demonstrated there is no shortage of young people with the motivation and talent to drive our industry forwards. The second Thirty Under 30 builds on this, proving stationery’s future is bright.”
The ‘Star Choice’ Thirty Under 30 nominees are:
- Cherelle Brown, Founder of Kitsch Noir
- Gemma Bassett, Marketing Manager of Sinclairs
- Jamie Mitchell, Co-founder of Ohh Deer
- Julien Vaissieres, Founder of BATCH.WORKS
- Kaushal Shah, Founder of Paper Plus Europe
- Odin Adargh, Designer and Director at Brahman Ltd
The full list of nominees this year has also made room for one honorary candidate, Jack Fincham, Love Island winner and former Sales Director of DMG Office Supplies. His enthusiasm for stationery and pens boosted exposure for the industry over the summer and he has been spotted discussing the latest stationery trends on ITV’s This Morning and taking part in a stationery Q&A for Paperchase, so his positive contribution to the industry has been recognised.
Alongside the Star Choice nominees, the list also includes:
- Holly Allen, Marketing Brand Manager at Pukka Pads 2000 Ltd
- Monique Basil-Wright, Founder, Designer, The Wright Planner & Stationery
- Sarah Boyle, Blogger, Stationery Magpie
- Gabi Cox, Founder and CEO, Chroma Stationery Limited
- Andy Dorman, Managing Director, Biz+ Stationery Superstores
- Bonita Ebuehi, Founder, Designer at Bonita Ivie Prints
- Callum Edwards, Digital Marketing Manager at Prima Software
- Emma Farley, Blog and Founder, A Cornish Geek
- Tory Fox-Hill, Founder, Owner, Fox & Moon Ltd
- Kirstie Gilleade, Founder, Illustrator, Mayblossoming
- Lara Gioppato, Product Developer, Stationery Island
- Imanina Hamzah, Founder, Designer, Maker, Not Only Polka Dots
- Jess Howell, Founder, Designer, Rumble Cards
- Margaux Lefaucheux, Key Account Manager, AF International
- Katie Noakes, Founder, Calligrapher, Designer, London Calligraphy
- Jacob Peatfield, Founder, High Meadows
- Charlie Reid, Sales Manager, Egan Reid Stationery Co Ltd
- Dan Shorthouse, PR Executive, Small Man Media Ltd
- Lucy Spence, Illustrator, Publisher, Lucy Maggie Designs
- Georgie Sturge, Graphic Designer, Pukka Pad
- Joseph Thomas, Assistant Onboarding Manager, Prima Software
- Sian Towner, Art Worker, Castelli
- Teresa Vera, Director, Designer, Pepper and Cute