The Stationers’ Company will host an Innovation Seminar which brings together a panel of innovation experts to discuss progress, challenges, and solutions during one of the most disrupted times in business history. This event, in partnership with Kogan Page, will take place online from 6 pm to 7 pm on Wednesday 24th March.
The Innovation Seminar comes ahead of the Stationers’ Company established and respected Innovation Excellence Awards (details below).
Moderated by Oliver Gadsby, former CEO of Rowman and Littlefield, and Continuum Publishers, and introduced by Barrister Carol Tullo, the event will cover topics including:
- What has the COVID pandemic meant for innovation? Is it being stunted due to disruption and financial concerns or are companies taking more risks?
- How can innovation be used to support purpose-driven businesses? How can innovation positively support sustainability, diversity and inclusion and conscious consumerism?
- Why do so many innovations fail? What are the new challenges presented by increased remote working?
- Looking closer at the role of technology in innovation – when and how should they be integrated? What does continuous technological advancement mean for long-term innovation strategies?
- What does the future of innovation look like? Where should we be focusing?
Alf Rehn is a noted thought leader and professor in the fields of innovation and creativity and author of Innovation of the Fatigued. Having appeared on Thinkers50 Guru Radar in 2016, he is currently Professor of innovation, design, and management at the University of Southern Denmark.
Bradley Leimer writes and speaks about banking and technology, and advises start-ups, accelerators, and major corporates. He is the co-author of Beyond Good, former Head of Innovation and FinTech Strategy at Santander US and was named a Top 20 Social Influencer in Fintech by The Financial Brand, as well as a Top 100 Fintech Influential Leader by City A.M.
Jeremy Dalton leads PwC's XR team, helping clients implement virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technology. He is the author of Reality Check, has worked with organisations like the World Economic Forum and currently sits on the advisory board of Immerse UK to support businesses interested in immersive technologies.
Oliver Gadsby is the former CEO of Rowman and Littlefield and Continuum Publishers. He is an experienced Chair, non-executive Director, and Adviser in global information and publishing businesses.
Carol Tullo, OBE is a qualified Barrister. She has a career background in intellectual property practice and commercial law publishing with Thomson Reuters before she joined the Cabinet Office, leading information policy and management responsibilities within the open data and information regulatory space across government.
The Stationers’ Company encourages all interested in Innovation to join in. For more details visit Webinar Registration - Zoom.