Jabra has launched Jabra PanaCast, engineered to be the world’s first smart Panoramic-4K Plug-and-Play video solution.
This real-time immersive intelligent vision system offers 180-degree panoramic vision which ensures everyone in the room is seen. Jabra PanaCast provides value for huddle rooms and spaces, delivering wall-to-wall video, audio and data, which is critical for modern video collaboration.
The announcement follows the recent acquisition of Altia Systems. Jabra PanaCast boasts three 13-megapixel cameras, working together as one via core technology embedded in the built-in Jabra PanaCast Vision Processor. The multi-camera array solution offers a full 180-degree panoramic field gives everyone in the room equal participation, fostering healthy discussion and true collaboration – despite not being in the same room.
Jabra PanaCast’s cameras and microphones, fourth-generation stitching technology and Intelligent Vision software work as one to ensure optimal performance. Now any room can be used to video conference with wall-to-wall coverage in Panoramic-4K video. Jabra PanaCast also enables companies to make use of their full meeting spaces, eliminating the approximately 40 per cent room wastage seen with conventional camera solutions.
René Svendsen-Tune CEO at Jabra said, “we have always valued the importance of sound and personal interaction in every product within our Jabra portfolio. The introduction of Jabra PanaCast shows our commitment to enable businesses to achieve optimal collaboration and productivity through both sound and video technology. Now is the time to bring remote workers and huddle room participants closer together through the addition of high-quality plug-and-play video to your huddle rooms.”
Other key features:
- Built-in people detection technologies will provide the possibility of system-wide business intelligence
- The upcoming Jabra PanaCast API will enable developers and partners to query the system for real-time information, such as people count data
- The advanced AI utilises a Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) to count the number of people in the field of view, up to 12m away, and provide numeric data which organisations can use to inform decisions
- Jabra’s conference speakerphone series “Speak” can be integrated with PanaCast to further optimise the UC experience
- The USB based connection allows connection to any compatible device
- The solution is compatible with popular cloud-based solutions including Microsoft Teams, Skype, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, Slack, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, Unify Circuit, and BlueJeans
Jabra PanaCast will be available from end-August 2019.