UTAX’s 2018 Annual Golf & Partner Day, that took place on 24th July, at the Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, helped to raise £1,100 for Bloodwise, the blood cancer research charity.
The event, organised by Rhodium Events & Hospitality, consisted of various fundraising activities, saw top performing partners choose between golf or an afternoon of Clay Pigeon Shooting. The activities gave the 48 partners in attendance an opportunity to take part in fundraising competitions such as ‘Nearest the Pin’, ‘Longest Drive’, Beat the Pro’ and ‘Best Shot’ for those participating in the Clay Pigeon Shooting.
Activity winners included:
- ‘Nearest the Pin’: Gary Campbell - Express Cargo Forwarding
- ‘Longest Drive’: Justin Longmuir - Document Data Solutions Ltd
- ‘Beat the Pro’: Kevin Good – UTAX (UK) Ltd
- ‘Overall Golf Winner’: Andrew Bennell - AFP Digital Ltd
- ‘Winning Golf Team’: Andrew Bennell - AFP Digital Ltd, Sean Howarth – TA Triumph-Adler UK, Max Levenger - Vantage Resourcing, Scotney Jarvis – Rhodium Events & Hospitality, Simon Greenland – Baytek Office Solutions Ltd, Chris Walsh – Elite Group LCA Limited, Shaun Wilkinson – UTAX (UK) Ltd
- ‘Best Shot’: Danny Brewer – Office Friends Systems Ltd
- ‘Best Clay Pigeon Shooting Team’: Richard Tytherleigh - Essex Business Machines Ltd, Fergus Moore – Copymoore Limited, Nick Rhodes – Digital Copier Systems Limited, Jamie Mulhall - Mayday O.E.S. Ltd, Edward Hopkinson – ABC Digital Solutions Ltd
The fundraising activities were followed by an afternoon BBQ, evening dinner and an awards presentation; recognising sales achievements for the last financial year.
Shaun Wilkinson, Managing Director of UTAX (UK) said, “we continue to focus our efforts on raising money for Bloodwise as the official UTAX (UK) charity. This is a charity close to the hearts of all at UTAX (UK) as a result of sadly losing our beloved colleague Tracy Lawrance in 2014.
“We would like to formally take the opportunity to thank all those who participated and assisted in raising an amazing £1,100 for this great cause. Our annual golf day is an opportunity to thank our partners for their valued and loyal support. It also gives me and my team an important opportunity to network with them and to discuss our products and solutions and in turn for them to meet each other and exchange their news, views and ideas for continued growth.”
Claire Horrex, Regional Manager-South West for Bloodwise added, “I’d like to thank everyone at UTAX and their clients for all their support of Bloodwise at their recent partner golf day held in memory of their colleague Tracy. They’ve raised a fantastic amount and this will go directly towards helping patients with blood cancer and their families. Bloodwise could not continue to do the work that we do without the support of people like UTAX, thank you for all your hard work at organising such a successful fundraising day.”