Polaroid unveiled the new Polaroid PlaySmart 3D printer at CES 2019 for the UK and European markets. The Polaroid PlaySmart is a desktop 3D printer with Wi-Fi print technology, via a mobile app, designed for the classroom or office environment.
The Polaroid PlaySmart 3D printer’s software allows users to easily download and import models (including pre-existing designs available for free) and print them with just two clicks of a button. The Polaroid SmartPrep software platform enables the preparation, editing and printing of multi-coloured models. Simply import and edit .stl files (with pre-existing designs already available for free).
April Lunde, CEO and General Counsel at Polaroidsaid, “since we first launched the Polaroid ModelSmart 250S 3D printer at CES in 2016 and our Polaroid Play line of 3D pens in the years since, we’ve had a great response from users in the UK and Europe who are looking for accessible 3D printing products. We’re excited to bring to market our first small format, desktop 3D printer in the UK and Europe, opening up the world of 3D printing to even more users. The Polaroid PlaySmart 3D printer is an easy-to-use and affordable option to introduce 3D printing into any home, classroom or business.”
Key features of the Polaroid PlaySmart 3D printer:
- 120 x 120 x 120mm print size
- 5-inch LCD touch screen, with step-by-step instructions to aid in your model creations
- Layer height ranging from 50 to 300 microns
- 1Kg Polaroid universal PLA filament included
- One-click instant print via models stored in the printer memory
- 200 MP camera for live monitoring from wherever you are
- Quick-release and quick-replace 0.4mm nozzle
- Compatible with the Polaroid universal filament range including PLA, ABS, PETG and more
- Print via SD card, USB, mobile app & Wi-Fi
- 360° fan duct to instantly cool your filament
- Aluminium-magnesium alloy heated print bed
- 2GB ROM for model storage and video playback (video automatically recorded of every print)
- Also included, the Polaroid precise filament holder & scale, allowing you to know exactly how much filament you have left on your reel at any time
- Lightweight at 5KG
Amy Horn, Category Direct at EBP added, “we are delighted to bring this exciting new product to market to add to our now established range of Polaroid 3D products. 3D Printing is now a global phenomenon and we are thrilled to launch this high-quality, great value for money and easy-to-use printer suitable for any user. We can’t wait to see what 2019 has to offer for this product.”
The Polaroid PlaySmart 3D printer is due for release on 1st March 2019 and will be available throughout Europe with an RRP of €449.