Audio conference firm, Konftel is bringing its first-ever portable collaboration product to the personal speaker phone market, combining an LCD display with advanced sound performance and features.
Konftel’s Ego device has been designed to enhance today’s ‘on-the-go’ lifestyle and communication trends such as Skype for Business conferences. It’s already won a Red Dot Award for ‘Excellent Product Design’ and has seen large volumes of advance orders, ahead of its mid-July launch.
Jeff May, Regional Sales Director said, "Konftel is a market leader in traditional conference room technology but we're seeing a distinct change in user behaviour. Business professionals are increasingly on-the-move and need complete flexibility as to where and when to hold remote meetings.
"As a result the Ego is our answer for personal conferencing and collaboration. Users can unleash the power of Konftel from anywhere. This portable speaker phone allows them to set-up meetings wherever it suits, whether in a small conference room, a café or hotel room, without compromising on sound quality. Simply connect to a mobile phone, tablet or PC.”
The Konftel Ego works with Skype for Business and has been successfully tested in a Microsoft-certified laboratory. The Ego also delivers audio to other conferencing platforms such as Cisco Jabber, Avaya Communicator and the latest generation of online services.
- Compact, portable speaker phone that connects simply to a mobile phone, tablet or PC.
- Crystal-clear sound with full duplex thanks to OmniSound® audio technology.
- Support for Skype for Business, Cisco Jabber, Avaya Communicator and other conferencing tools.
- Support for HD calls via Bluetooth
- Clear LCD screen displays the service in use
- Additional colour co-ordinated LED illumination
- Simplified Bluetooth pairing and connection using NFC.
- Bluetooth A2DP for superior audio performance when playing music.
- USB port for connection to a computer or other compatible USB device.
- Completely cordless thanks to its built-in battery and Bluetooth (charged via USB and has up to 12 hours of battery time).
- Headset connectivity port allows easy switching between headset and speaker function.