Duplo has broadened its direct mail focused portfolio of solutions with the addition of the Esper DM-230V Pro Collator and the DM Mini Collation system.
Both the Duplo Esper Direct Marketing Collator and the DM Mini Collation System have been designed to gathering together assorted unaddressed mail documents, prior to distribution. Sets incorporating a range of leaflets, brochures, reply-paid postcards and other printed advertising materials can all be collated together in a wraparound cover ready for distribution. Running at 9,000 set per hour, they complement existing larger automated systems, by handling a wider range of document formats and offering higher short run productivity.
Neale Horstead, International Business Development Manager at Duplo International said, “these small footprinted solutions are the next step for businesses that are collating by hand and wish to offer their customers 100 per cent set integrity and a more professional and automated service. Or for businesses who want to decentralise their production infrastructure to move closer to the point of delivery.”
Key Features (Esper DM-230V Pro):
- ‘Just Timing’ function ensures consistent pick-up of stocks
- Sensors detect an empty bin, paper jam or stack full
- Misfeed are detected and the machine is allowed to run uninterrupted
- A colour LCD touch screen control panel
- A paper separator slide on each bin for changeover from thin to thicker documents
Key Features (DM Mini Collation System):
- ‘Load-on-the-Run’ facility and a ‘Cascade Function’ that can be programmed to handle large volumes of a few inserts as well as thicker folded documents
- PC controller, with large icons and graphics, automatically sets up the Stacker Unit while continuous uninterrupted production and 100% set integrity can be achieved
- Open architecture enables easy jam clearance, and provides the operator with full control of the complete production process
- The Stacker Unit can be programmed to deliver batches from 5-50 sets in multiples of five
- Preprinted stack labels can be fed from a selected bin to enable additional non-Duplo banding units to be connected
- Option to improve performance and workflow by adding Duplo’s unique E-Tandem software packages
Both systems use Duplo’s Job File Transfer software so job data can be automatically downloaded, stored and recalled from memory.