Canon has launched the imageFORMULA DR-G2090, DR-G2110 and DR-G2140. Updating its production scanner technologies, the new devices combine high volume A3 scanning capabilities with enhanced efficiency, high image quality and optional LAN interface.
The features of the new devices enable partners to address the evolving business requirements of their customers who are looking for high quality document capture via shared devices without the need for additional hardware. The availability of software development kits (SDKs) means that partners are also able to customise their offering with bespoke applications designed to meet individual customer needs.
Tim Brosnihan, European Product Manager at Canon Europe said, “businesses today rely on the ability to digitise documents and information quickly, across the entire working environment and easily insert captured information into wider workflows. As a result, our partners need to meet these requirements with an increasingly diversified device portfolio built around simple, flexible connectivity. These new A3 scanners represents everything the modern partner needs; high quality reliability coupled with the flexibility to fit seamlessly into most working environments. By opening up the API for the devices via SDKs, we’re enabling our partners to add even more value to their customer relationships by building bespoke software experiences designed to address specific business requirements.”
- The imageFORMULA DR-G2 series’ embedded LAN interface delivers the latest in integrated connectivity
- The scanners include ISIS/TWAIN/WIA and Kofax VRS Drivers supporting integration into various scanning applications
- The NA10 and WA10 Network Adapters allow several of Canon’s USB scanners to be connected directly to the network
- The NA10 model comes with wired LAN connection interface while the WA10 model additionally offers a WiFi interface
- New image processing mode, Active Thresholding, which allows customers to scan mixed documents with different texts, colours and backgrounds without adjusting imaging settings
- The barcode and 2D code recognition feature offers users the ability to automatically separate batches, sorting them into multipage, named files using the barcode information for file naming or indexing
- CaptureOnTouch Pro software
- The DR-G2 series models have been designed for high volume environments of up to 70,000 scans a day. They use Canon’s latest CIS Sensor technology and newly-developed onboard DR processor chip that enables high speed scanning and image processing of up to 280 images per minute in colour and at a resolution of 300dpi
- Large capacity 500 sheet feeder for handling larger scan batches without interruptions
Alongside the new devices, Canon will be releasing a series of new software development toolkits to support closer integration between its scanner technologies and customer applications and systems. These include a DR Web SDK for easy integration with web-based applications, a new DR- Scanner SDK for bespoke integration, and easy platform for capture application development, as well as new embedded SDK for Canon’s ScanFront 400 Network Scanner.
The Canon imageFORMULA DR-G2110 and DR-G2140 will be available across Europe from November 2018 and the DR-G2090 from December 2018. The NA10 and WA10 models will be available across Europe in November 2018.