With Paola White at Eci
Paola White at ECi explains how ECi’s powerful e-automate software can boost your business
ECi Software Solutions is a leader in industry-specific information technology solutions. In the UK it is well known as being the largest software provider in the Office Products industry. For the last 30 years ECi has helped dealers to secure profitable business growth by using an end-to-end suite of software solutions, ranging from core business management, e-commerce, delivery management, Business Intelligence, Analytics & CRM as well as Managed Print Services (MPS).
The portfolio has grown significantly over the years and more recently, in the UK and Ireland, ECi has expanded into the Office Equipment & IT services sector, with its fully integrated business management solution, e-automate.
ECi believes that if you are looking for an all-encompassing solution that will streamline your entire business process, including technicians in the field, then ECi’s e-automate is the answer.
Paola White is ECi’s VP Sales and Marketing, Europe and she has been at the forefront of the UK back office software sector for more years than she cares to remember. She knows more than a thing or two about Office products and its adjacent industries.
Paola says: “On the equipment side, ECi is well-known for being the author of the premier Managed Print Services (MPS) solution FMAudit. While FMAudit allows resellers to collect valuable data from the devices such as toner alerts, break fix codes, user data and meter clicks, e-automate provides a complete end-to-end solution for office equipment and machines dealers, including service management and remote ticketing
“Since its creation over a decade ago, e-automate has helped more than 2,000 companies better manage business processes, including accounting, inventory control, sales, service despatch, contract processing and more.”
Key to managing machine service contracts is to have complete visibility when an individual machine in the field becomes profitable.
“When a reseller provides a device either on a lease or rental basis, an element of the cost includes supplies and servicing. While FMAudit provides data on usage and supplies, when a machine is FOC, they don’t actually have any visibility over when that device becomes profitable,” says Paola.
“The robust real-time reporting tools provided by e-automate allow resellers to easily get to the critical information they need to manage the most important aspects of their business. This enables them to better understand when that install makes them money.
“New intelligent devices send key data back to the reseller automatically, but older models require manual intervention. By automating these processes, the deal becomes profitable faster. The ability to drill down by user provides even greater intelligence, enabling resellers to identify areas of over- or under-utilisation and take the necessary steps to better deploy devices for fleet optimisation.”
The service element also allows resellers to keep track of and effectively utilise service technicians, ensuring maximum productivity levels and an improved bottom line.
“Of course it is the only solution available that has the ability to download price feeds from the OEMS directly, as well as transmitting orders for Parts and supplies directly to the key OEM’s, in particular at the moment Canon, Ricoh, Techdata and Katun.”
The key features of e-automate are:
• Streamline Service Technicians: optimise your service personnel resourcing by automatic service call recommendations based on technicians' qualifications. Automate service call billings and manage incomplete calls for parts saving your field technicians extra admin and wasted journeys to a customer site.
• Simplify Contract Management: Automated alerts ensure that you never miss a customer's contract renewal. Having time to properly review existing contract and equipment profitability prior to renewal or termination ensures your contracts deliver the 'best value' to your business.
• Optimise Stock Management: Maintain optimal stock levels, keep a tighter control on purchasing and eliminate over-ordering. e-automate will also manage transfers and auto-transfer replenishment for technicians too.
• Profitability Reporting: Interactive dashboards and drill-down reports will give the critical information you need to make better decisions, faster. A suite of pre-defined and fully customisable reports provide you with everything you need to ensure your service business remains profitable and your clients remain satisfied!
• Automate Billings: Reduce the administrative costs and hassle out of manually gathering meters. Automated meter-billing routines save you time and help you get paid faster.
e-automate has an intuitive process-based user interface which makes the system easy to learn and use. With e-automate, a new employee or user can become a contributing member of your organisation in a matter of days, not weeks or months. The system is robust and sophisticated, yet easy to use. Navigation is straight forward and intuitive. You will not need to learn lengthy keystrokes as with other systems. All of the usability logic is the same in every screen. This allows all users to become efficient at using aspects of the software quickly.
Paola concludes with an offer: “If your business processes need a facelift and your margins need to improve, give me a call. I am offering half price licences to the first five resellers that sign up by 26 June.
“I would love to show everyone how e-automate will give their business that all-important boost.”